- Super Utilisateur
- Thursday, 12 April 2012 17:37
The African Governance and Development Institute (AGDI) aims to contribute to knowledge for the advancement of the African continent through training, knowledge dissemination and publication of high quality research papers which respect international professional review standards, high merit and original thinking in contributing to knowledge.
a) Recognized as a research institute in the world by IDEAS standards: http://edirc.repec.org/data/agdiycm.html
b) Best research institute in Cameroon by IDEAS rankings: http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.cameroun.html
c) Top 9 research institutes and universities in Africa by IDEAS rankings: http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.africa.html
d) Top 67 of World research institutes and universities in the field of Africa by IDEAS rankings: http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.afr.html
c) The AGDI has published substantially in fulfillment of its mission statement of contributing to knowledge towards African development: http://ideas.repec.org/d/agdiycm.html
Published/Forthcoming Papers (Sept-Dec. 2013)
1) Harmonizing IPRs against software piracy: Empirics of Trajectories in Africa. Journal of Business Ethics.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/Harmonizing-IPRs-on-Software-Piracy.pdf
2) Fighting Software Piracy: Which Governance Tools Matter in Africa? Journal of Business Ethics.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/Fighting-software-piracy.-Which-governance-tools-matter-in-Africa.pdf
3) On the Obituary of Scientific Knowledge Monopoly. Economics Bulletin.
4) The Impact of Formal Institutions on Knowledge Economy. Journal of the Knowledge Economy.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/The-impact-of-formal-institutions-on-knowledge-economy2.pdf
5) The Economic Consequences of China-Africa: Debunking Myths in the Debate. Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies.
6) African Development: Beyond Income Convergence. South African Journal of Economics.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/African-Development.-Beyond-Income-Convergence.pdf
7) Investment and Inequality in Africa: which financial channels are good for the poor? African Finance Journal.
Volume (Issue): http://www.africagrowth.com/afjabstracts.htm
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/Investment-and-Inequality-in-Africa.-Which-Financial-Channels-are-Good-for-the-Poor.pdf
8) African Stock Market Performance Dynamics: A Multidimensional Convergence Assessment. Journal of African Business.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/Convergence-in-African-Stock-Market-Performance-Dynamics.pdf
9) Globalization and Africa: Implications for Human Development. International Journal of Development Issues.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/Globalisation-and-Africa.-Implications-for-Human-Development.pdf
10) Fighting corruption when existing corruption-control levels count: what do wealth-effects tell us in Africa? Institutions and Economies.
11) On the channels of foreign aid to corruption, Economics Bulletin.
12) How do institutions matter in the income-equalizing effect of mobile phone penetration? European Economics Letters.
13) Fighting African Capital Flight: timelines for the adoption of common policies: The Empirical Economics Letters.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://ideas.repec.org/p/agd/wpaper/13-008.html
14) Crime and conflicts in Africa: consequences of corruption? European Economics Letters.
15) Law and Finance in Africa. Brussels Economic Review.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://ideas.repec.org/p/agd/wpaper/11-009.html
16) Law, Finance and Investment; does legal origin matter in Africa? The Review of Black Political Economy.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/Law-finance-and-investment.-Does-legal-origin-matter.pdf
17) Deforestation and welfare : evidence from Africa. International Journal of Green Economics.
Downloadable Working Paper: http://ideas.repec.org/p/agd/wpaper/11-022.html